How to Add Another University to the Caterpillar University Relations Pages
The first thing that needs to be done is to create the directory structure for the university to be added. To do this do the following:
Next, you need to populate this new university directory structure with files.
- Make a new directory with a simple name for the university you are adding. The directory should be added at the same directory level as the rest of the university directories.
- Inside this directory, create each of the directories that appear inside every university directory. These directories should include:
contacts, excellence, grant, information, links, research, support and
- Completely copy an entire university directory hierarchy (i.e. partners\uiuc) and give the directory a suitable name.
- Make or get a graphic for the new university to be added.
- Make a title bar and select bar graphic for your university. Try to make it just like the existing title bars. Note: There are two template files, called template_select.jpg and template_tb.jpg in the graphics directory that you can use to create your new graphics. (You could also contact one of us by e-mailing Lewis Muir or Joseph Yoder, and one of us would be happy to make a title and select bar for you).
- Go through all the HTML files in your new university directories and change any database queries to work for your university.
- To be really thorough, you should also add a contact person for your university to the
contacts.html page. And, you should also change the
urpSelections.html page to allow the user to select your new university, just like the other universities, for a database search from the University Research Proposals page.