SQL Formula Creator FrameWork
This framework handles formula creations for constraining on the detailed table. Thus a formula works as another selection on the query so that not all the rows are returned, but only the rows that are evaluated to be true to the formula expression. The classes can be divided into two groups:
- The windows that allow the creation and selection of formulas.
- The classes that handle the persistent storage of the created formulas using BOSS.
High level class descriptions:
- SQLFormulaWrapper puts together all the functionalities of the formula framework. It reads from the BOSS file using the SQLFormulaReader, and it also creates new queries based on the formula given. It is also responsible for checking to see if the formula is valid before writing it to the BOSS file.
- SQLFormulaCreator holds a window spec that allows the user to create the formulas. The creator allows the creation of formulas based on the tables that are part of a limited set of queries that it holds. The formula that the user writes down is parsed using SQLFormulaScanner.
SQLQueryAssistant is an aid for creating the formulas.
- SQLFormulaSelector allows the user to choose a specific formula constrained query to display. It opens up a detailed table with the resultant rows.
ReportValues uses the framework so that the user can build up the formula for the queries in ReportValues.
Relevant classes and categories:
If you have any questions or changes, please contact:
Joseph W. Yoder at:(217) 244-4695 or by email:
Return to Financial Model Documentation Page